Saturday, June 28, 2008

Our Stay-Cation

Have you heard of the stay-cation? We did one this week. I took some vacation days from work but we stayed at home. We got lots of stuff done :
- visited the Museum of Science & Industry
- painted the kids bathroom
- saw the movie Kung Fu Panda (family recommended)
- put in a new mailbox
- swam at the local pool
- went on a bike ride to our local park and had a picnic
- expanded my garden in the back by about 2/3
- went to a ceramics studio and each of the kids painted their own treasure which we will pick up in one week. This was fun because they loved the painting. Jiang Lei put about 7 coats on his rocket ship (needed 3 coats) and each coat was a different color because he couldn't make up his mind. It will be interesting to see after it has been fired. Nora was very meticulous with her pink bunny. Ji Ji used many pinks and purples to create designs on her princess crown. And I painted a Christmas candy dish.

It was very relaxing and I really got to enjoy my time everyday! Here are a few photos from our week. I love the last photo which is a home made pizza for 3 kids, each kid chose their own topping.






3 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like it was fun and also productive!!! Glad you had a super stay-cation and did some fun outings! Now safe travels and enjoy your real vacation!

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's been quite a while since I do not visit your blog. Looks like you had some fun with the children! Lovely pictures! Promise to come more often.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am enjoying your blog! I am American living in England with my 2 daughters who are 8&7 from Kazakhstan & China

Best wishes
Lauren
mama2sally@yahoo.com