Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Tuesday in Shanghai

Today was our last day on our own so we had to finish our last shopping expeditions. Tomorrow we start the group tour.

First we went to a market for kids clothes. There was lots of Barbie, Dora and Hello Kitty (we even saw some Happy Kitty, I guess that is not copywrited). We bought 8 pairs of socks (mostly pink), 5 pairs of tights, 12 pair of Barbie underwear, 1 shirt, 2 skirts, 2 dresses and 1 matching pant/shirt of Hello Kitty. Oh yes and 6 Hello Kitty barrettes, 2 stampers and 1 book to practice writing Chinese characters. It was a successful trip and the girls got lots of attention.



We had to go back to the hotel to drop off all of the things so the girls had their favorite lunch - KFC with mashed potatoes. It is close to the hotel and easy.










Next we stopped back at Xiang Yang market for a few last trinkets and then on to the Pearl store - you can never have too many pearls. The ladies who worked there just loved to play with the girls and when we come it, they take the girls to go and play and we don't see them again until we are ready to leave.











I went back to the Antique Market because I wanted to buy a Chinese Checkers game that I had seen earlier.


I ended up buying that and a Mah Jong set which comes in a nice chest and a game with the white and black circles - is it Tetris? Anyway all are Laquered with beautiful designs. All 3 are pictured here.





back to Homeland Reunion - link page

1 comment:

Connie said...

Wonderful that you are all having so much fun! Keep the news of your shopping expeditions and photos coming. I hope you brought some extra suitcases! Beautiful blogging. And lovely to hear that the girls are in love with China.